Thursday, June 11, 2009

Privacy Settings, and other tips by other people

Time for a link roundup (or, "other people doing my job for me")!


The Inside Facebook Guide to Protecting Your Privacy on Facebook

If you came to the "Fans are Better Than Friends" webinar last week, you'll remember I promised to post a link to this article about Facebook privacy settings. It's a post I've been meaning to write, but now I don't have to because Inside Facebook does a great job explaining everything you need to know.

Facebook's privacy options are pretty extensive and understanding them will make it easier for you to control your own Facebook experience. If you need to "friend" your coworkers because you want to make them additional admins of your Page, but you don't want to let your boss see the embarrassing pictures of your five-year college reunion (...for example), it's easy to set groups and filters to keep your work life separate from your personal life.


Face-to-Facebook

This is just an interesting article that I came across a few weeks ago, about local bands and musicians using Facebook to connect with fans.
"...I only knew Javier's page was "successful" because I am a fan of a lot of pages and see how different people interact with their fans... Javier is really genuine and connects with his fans in a way others do not. People tend to gain a larger fan base when they interact with their page more."
Sound familiar? Being genuine, starting conversations, being an active participant -- all these principles of Facebook success absolutely apply to arts organizations.


Is Blogging Yesterday's News? No Way!: The How and Why of Arts Blogging

My coworker Chelsea's article about blogging! In my June 30th webinar (watch the promo), I'll be talking about how to integrate your blog with your Facebook Page, but if your organization's site doesn't have a blog at all yet, Chelsea will help you get started and give you some advice.

No comments: